120 BCD cranksets were introduced with SRAM 2x10 drivetrains and are excellent candidates for a 1x conversion with our patented Drop-Stop® chainrings. These rings will allow you to convert your 120 BCD crankset, like the SRAM XX and others, to a 1x drivetrain.
- Fits 120 BCD cranksets or 4-bolt spiders
- Drop-Stop technology. On Wolf Tooth's patented wide/narrow chainring, the wide side of the tooth has maximum contact on the drive side which spreads the load and improves chainring life. The narrow side allows clearance for mud and debris which reduces friction.
- Alternating wide/narrow tooth pattern prevents chain derailment
- These rings fit any 120 BCD crankset or 4-bolt spider.
- For SRAM cranksets you must use the stock M10x.75 bolts with a shoulder on them. These are not standard bolts and Wolf Tooth's bolts will not work with this chainring. Note that only about 3 threads will engage (same with the stock SRAM rings)
- SRAM is the only supplier of the M10 x .75 bolts
- 36t is the smallest number of teeth that fits on a 120 BCD
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Chainline - 51mm for 36t and 52mm for 38t (38t is wider for more chainstay clearance)
- NOT compatible with FSA 4 bolt cranksets
Before you buy a 120 BCD ring, check to see if your cranksets has a removable spider and compatible with our direct-mount rings. To determine if your spider is removable, see the top two boxes in the decision tree (the 4th picture in the product pictures).
If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper along with a clutch-style rear derailleur for the best chain security. Without these precautions, you may experience chain drops and/or chainsuck.
- Weight: 36T/54g | 38T/59g
- Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
- Made in the USA
Use Drop-Stop A or B for all 9, 10, and 11spd chains or 12spd SRAM Eagle, KMC, Connex or Wippermann chains
Wolf Tooth Drop-Stop A is the original patented wide/narrow chainring compatible with multiple drivetrain brands including 9, 10, 11, and 12spd SRAM Eagle, KMC, Wippermann, etc.
|Black / 120 BCD / 36T / Drop-Stop A