- 5:30pm leaving from Pine Mtn Sports
- Women only—Guys, stay at home!
- Free Rental and Demo Bikes to try (be here by 5pm)
- Get to know our trails better
- Meet other lady mountain bikers
- Check our Event’s Calender for Dates and updated meeting times
Come ride with us! We will be going out on group rides throughout the summer. Rental and Demo bikes are available for free during the ride (sorry we can’t take reservations for the free rental). We have a bunch of women specific mountain bikes available as part of or rental fleet this year from both Santa Cruz and Trek.
Leanna’s goals for the Dirt Divas Group Rides are:
1) to help women meet other women bikers to potentially ride with
2) help the women get to know the trail system better
3) allow women to try out bikes in our rental/demo fleet free of charge
4) allow women the freedom to stop and practice challenging terrain.
With those goals in mind we’ll have everyone introduce themselves to each other in the beginning of the ride. We’ll look at the map before we go so the women know where the trails are that we plan to ride. We’ll look at the map of the trails we actually rode so the women get a better reference of the trails we rode. We’ll stop and practice challenging terrain!! Note: this doesn’t mean that we are necessarily teaching skills- just giving women the opportunity to practice their riding skills instead of racing down the trail chasing the people they normally ride with. So, one of my biggest goals, is to give women the opportunity to stop and practice the tougher stuff. This is one way that I want to differentiate ourselves from other group rides.
What to bring: Water, a snack. good sturdy shoes, padded cycling shorts.